The Development and Marketing Coordinator will assist and support functions of the Development Department including donor retention and acquisition; fundraising events; volunteer recruitment and coordination; and marketing efforts. The Journey Home’s purpose is to change lives by working to rehouse the homeless and disadvantaged while providing for their basic needs. The position is 20 hours per week with a set schedule.
Under the direction of the Director of Development and Marketing, the Development and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for facilitating the successful implementation of fundraising activities within the Development Department of The Journey Home. Developing mastery of Bloomerang, our donor database is a critical skill for this position. In addition, the Development and Marketing Coordinator is responsible for correspondence, scheduling, and administrative tasks for the department. Additional tasks that the Development and Marketing Coordinator will assist the DDM with includes volunteer recruitment, donor and sponsor solicitation, meeting preparation, donor stewardship, and digital marketing.
Responsibilities for Development and Marketing Coordinator
• Establish and adhere to budget for events and account for anticipated fundraising outcomes.
• Promote The Journey Home and all aspects of agency using flyers, advertisements, and digital marketing outreach.
• Work with DDM to coordinate aspects of fundraising events and activities planning to execution.
• Provide campaign support for DDM.
• Maintain and update major gift prospect/donor records, ensuring profiles are current and accurate
• Ensure gift entry and acknowledgment is completed, produce donor information reports, weekly updates of donor information in donor categories, and statistical information as needed
• Assist DDM with the annual fundraising events, providing support as directed
• Assist DDM with donor appeals
• Manage the overall integrity of donor data with sensitivity to confidentiality
• Assist with volunteer recruitment and following strategy
• Website updates
• Be the point person for inquiries by volunteers
• Assist with scheduling and coordinating meetings with board members, corporate sponsors, donors, volunteers, and committee meetings
• Produce analytical reports in a timely manner, (e.g. monthly individual, corporation, and organizational giving)
• Produce pledge reminders and invoices in a timely manner
• Track and reconcile revenue and expenses to budget
• Organize and maintain digital file system
Qualifications for Development and Marketing Coordinator
• Works to foster positive relationships with current and potential business partners.
• Ability to work well with a team to promote The Journey Home initiatives.
• Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently.
• Professional written and interpersonal skills are essential when communicating with customers and sponsors.
• Ability to generate interest in The Journey Home and reach out to appropriate business partners.
• Experience working with a diverse team and promoting a positive brand image.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, SKILLS, AND TRAITS
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent donor/volunteer relationship skills
• Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
• Impeccable organization skills a must
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• High sense of drive and initiative to identify and pursue funding opportunities
• Ability to meet stringent and multiple deadlines
• Strong event, marketing, and project management skills
• Knowledge of event budgeting and management of project finances
• Proficient in Word Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Enthusiasm and appreciation for The Journey Home and our mission
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in a related field is required
• Donor database or similar CRM software knowledge is helpful.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including superior composition, typing, and proofreading skills
• Ability to work events at various hours, including evenings and weekends is required
To apply: Send a cover letter summarizing your interest and qualifications for the position along with your resume to lcouser@LoveGodServePeople.org. The Journey Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The positions will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed beginning immediately.