The Journey Home is accepting applications for a full-time case manager to provide housing navigation and coordination at our Outreach Center, Smyrna Campus. The selected applicant will work on-on-one with homeless and at-risk clients to evaluate their housing situation and program eligibility, administer assessments to identify assets and obstacles, develop plans with clients that create housing and life solutions for the household, provide support for implementation including housing search, placement, and resource engagement for related supportive services, which provide opportunities for lasting change and reintegration into mainstream community life.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in social or behavioral sciences or business administration, or 2 years of equivalent social services or housing management experience.
- Familiarity with Housing First, Harm Reduction, and Trauma-Informed models of service delivery preferred, but not required.
- Desire to promote the vision, ideals, values, mission of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively with people of varying racial, ethnic, cultural, educational, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A basic understanding of severe mental illness, physical health and substance abuse issues, and community response systems.
- Motivational interviewing skills, careful listening skills, and sensitivity to other people’s feelings, needs, and points of view, demonstrating tact and courtesy.
- Works well in a collaborative, team environment; in “close quarters” in a fast-paced and often stressful environment.
- Proficient with computers and related technology.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, detail-oriented.
- Displays appropriate, professional, healthy boundaries and exercises mature judgment.
- Completes tasks in a timely and efficient manner, using good organizational skills, and can manage multiple cases effectively and efficiently.
- Adapts well to changing priorities and challenging individuals while maintaining a positive and non-judgmental attitude exhibiting care and compassion.
- Bi-lingual (Spanish) a plus, but not required.
To apply: Send a cover letter summarizing your interest and qualifications for the position along with your resume to btruesdell@LoveGodServePeople.org. The Journey Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The position will be open until it is filled. Applications will be reviewed immediately.
For more information, download this file: